Sunday, August 26, 2007

intro

I decided it was about time I flung together a blog for my various writings. Eventually, they'll land on a part of my homepage, but, until I get around to re-doing *that*, the stories and sketches and things will be posted here. Also, this is a much better format for garnering feedback, which I ALWAYS, always appreciate, in any and every form, whether it's alerting me to a typo or pointing out a sentence which is too convoluted for its own good or that my dialogue is, as usual, too forced. So please, feel free to help, I haven't any official means of getting my work nitpicked, and while *I* know what I'm going on about, but if you don't, then I need to fix something.

At the moment, I have a rather large story which is on hiatus until I figure out where it's going - haven't decided yet if I'm going to post some of the rough drafts on that or not.. but in general, I'll be posting things that have completed my several rounds of personal editing. Which is to say that they're done, at least mostly, unless you find something rather painful which I should remedy.

It occurs to me that I was going to put their titles as the title fields to the posts, only I'm absolutely dreadful at titles, so some may be provisional ones - if you have the least suggestion, for the love of decency do comment!

I specialize in short stories, in sketches, in vignettes; I don't do well with plots, with rising action and clues dropped and things, but, through all of my art there run similar threads, of emotion and mood and delicate beauty and atmosphere and bittersweet melancholy and the sheer rapture of golden sunlight. Or, at least, that's what I'm reaching for, so I hope you find at least a little of it here. :)

       .       .       .       :       .       :       '       :       .       :       .           .       .
Comments: Post a Comment

Previous Posts

About:

This is where I'm posting all the random little stories and snippets and sketches I occasionally churn out. Generally, these will be things that have passed my personal rounds of editing - which means I'm confident enough with them to open them up to outside critique. So feedback is much appreciated, from anyone, on anything.

Only I do hope you haven't come here expecting intensely dramatic plots, because while I do tend to have some overly dramatic characters, plot is not my strong point. Nor, really, is having a point at all to my stories. I specialize in fleeting moments, in scenes, in atmosphere and emotion. (Though I would like to learn plot, so, feel free to make suggestions!)

Links

Powered by Blogger

image hosting by photobucket